So you want to know how much does a spray in bedliner cost? Well we’ve done the hard work for you and compiled the results of a national survey on the cost of spray-in bedliners and how much LINE-X costs and Rhino Linings bedliners costs to install. The responses we received on spray-in bedliner costs was so interesting that we decided to turn it into a truck bedliner comparison information graphic below!
Line-X Cost…Rhino Linings Cost…How Much do Spray In Bedliners Cost?
- 248 spray-in bedliner installers were contacted by phone and asked for the cost to install a spray-in liner in a 2014 F150 (6.5′ bed, no tailgate step)
- True Line-X Cost: The Line-X installers quoted an average cost of $481.77
- True Rhino Linings cost: The Rhino installers quoted an average cost of $470.41
- The spray-in bedliner cost comparison graphic below shows how much spray-in installations cost (on average) in select cities, as well as across regions of the USA
As you’ll see, spray-in bedliner cost can vary greatly from region to region. Residents of Texas, for example, may pay hundreds of dollars less for a spray-in bedliner than residents in New York.
As far as DualLiner is concerned, this data shows that we offer a better bedliner for a better price. Unlike spray-in liners, the DualLiner can absorb dents, the ZeroSkid® rubber floor bed mat on our liner keeps cargo solidly in place, and our price is always the same.
Other Interesting Notes:
- Installation times varied greatly, with some installers saying that they could complete a spray-in installation in less than 4 hours, and some saying they needed a full day.
- The average wait time between calling for an appointment and getting a spray-in installed was about 3.5 days, with 40% of installers having a wait of more than 4 days.
- The lowest spray in bedliner cost quote of $335 came from a spray-in installer in Nome, Texas, and the highest quoted cost of $667 came from an installer near Omaha, Nebraska
- Amazingly, almost 10% of the installers that were called (23 out of 248) did not answer their phones (despite three separate call attempts!)
Spray In Bedliner Cost comparisons and problems with spray in bedliners
Aside from providing information about spray in bedliner cost across the US, this data underlines a theme that DualLiner’s customer service staff hears from our customers every day: Spray-in bedliner installers are a mixed bag. For every installer who does a good job at a fair price, there’s an installer who demands $669, or an installer who rushes to install a spray-in bedliner in 3 hours.
So, if we can’t convince everyone reading to buy a DualLiner, at the very least we encourage everyone to screen spray-in bedliner installers very carefully. With so much variance in pricing and installation times, there are bound to be installers taking shortcuts to make an extra buck.
And if this blog post doesn’t convince you, check out our post on spray on bedliner removal! If you don’t take our word for it, just go to Google and type in “problems with spray-on bedliners” and “removing spray-on bedliners.”